Recently one of the APEX developers has reached out to me and asked if it's possible to capture filtered rows data of the Interactive Grid on the server-side and do some processing. In APEX 20.1, there is a new API APEX_IG, using which we can achieve this.
|Photo by Jakub Kapusnak on Unsplash|
The approach is very simple and straightforward.
- Get the internal region id based on the Static ID given for the IG region
- Get the last viewed report id based on region id
- Open query context for the region and report using region id and report id
- Fetch and loop through the rows using the query context
- Do something with fetched rows
- And finally, close the query context
If you have already done this for interactive reports, then you should be already aware of these steps. The only difference here is, we use APEX_IG APIs instead of APEX_IR APIs.
For the demo purpose, let's
- Build an Interactive Grid on EMP table and let's give it a Static ID as emp
- Create a Textarea page item with the name P41_FILTERED_ROWS. We will use this page item to store filtered employees empno data
- Create a button to submit the page
- Create a page process as below
- Name: Process Filtered Data (or any other proper name)
- Type: Execute Code
- Execution Options > Point: Processing
- PL/SQL Code: As follows
That's it and here is the link for the demo.